- 1. Title of Workshop: e-learning : common tools for supplementing and reinforcing student learning
2. Names of Faculty with Designation, Institutional Affiliations and Emails:
- Dr Sanjay Bedi, Prof in Pathology , MM Institute of Medical sciences, Mullana ,
- Dr Chinmay Shah, Associate Prof. in Physiology , Govt. Medical College,
- Dr. Juhi Kal, Professor Pharmacology & Co-Convenor, MCI Regional Centre in MET,Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun
- Dr. Pallab Bhattacharjee
3. Brief Introduction to Workshop
With the advent of internet and E-learning has emerged as a technique which we must be learnt in order to use the modern technology for providing best education to our students and in turn better treatment to our patients. We have basic skills but brushing up is necessary for using the available technology in its best possible manner. The workshop will introduce commonly available tools which can be leveraged for e learning purposes as adjuncts to teaching, assessment tools and as efficiency enhancing tools .The workshop will involve easy website designing tools, google drive, MOODLE, You tube, in a hands on fashion. It will be nice if all participants bring their own laptops.
4. Who Should Attend?
All Medical Teachers, especially those who are involved with leadership positions like HODs , Controller of Examinations, Principals, All delegates and if allowed, students or Faculty members, Administrators, Policy makers, MEU members, Curriculum Committee members.
5. Intended Outcomes:
This workshop will outline to the participants the potential of e-learning in making the educational process more efficient.
6. Key References:
3) ABC of learning and teaching Web based learning Judy McKimm, CarolJollie, Peter Cantillon BMJ VOLUME 326 19 APRIL 2003 bmj.com